Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center is part of Phase II of The Renaissance, Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. The building is sited on axis with the main entrance of the neighborhood and is located centrally to make all amenities easily accessible to the new residents. The facility houses a leasing/management office, a large multi-purpose room and an educational center including administrative offices and a computer classroom. Additionally, the clubhouse consists of a community room, a cafe, a fitness center, a computer lab, and a laundry facility. The unique program of the building serves the redevelopment’s mission as an Educational Village.
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center achieved LEED® certification and serves as the development’s flagship LEED® building. It’s sustainable design features are evident through the predominant east-west orientation, the use of large overhangs, shading devices and glazing to lower electricity costs and the use of local materials.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan