Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
NORTHEAST CORRIDOR (BLUE LINE EXTENSION):
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson Kercher Anglin Lopez Rinehart consulting team, developed the initial Land Use Planning and Transit Oriented Development Issues and Opportunities for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) Northeast Corridor Light Rail station areas. In this process, we analyzed and documented the development potential of the corridor and conceptualized each of the proposed stations for the transit corridor. Additionally, we assisted the consulting team with the definitions of the Urban Design Framework along the corridor.
NORTH CORRIDOR (RED LINE) COMMUTER RAIL STATION AREA PLANS:
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson, Inc., prepared the land use plans and renderings for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) North Corridor Commuter Rail station areas.
Connecting Iredell County, North Carolina to Center City Charlotte, the proposed plans encourage street continuity and recommend connectivity improvements for vicinity areas as large as two square miles.
The plan recommendations for station area development will thoughtfully integrate greenways, neighborhood parks, town squares, and linear parks to create a cohesively interlinked system of public amenities within one-half mile of each station. All development is emphasized at the public realm, promoting activity at street-level and providing attractive tree-lined boulevards. Plans were coordinated with existing local plans and developed through community input in visioning charettes.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan