Grier Heights Senior Apartments
The Grier Heights Senior Apartment building is a 4 story, 72 units affordable housing development dedicated to meeting the growing need for senior housing in Charlotte. Located in the Grier Heights neighborhood just outside the city center, the project with Laurel Street Residential occupies a formerly vacant two acre site within the neighborhood. Neighboring Concepts’ design looks to fit within the neighborhood context with a welcoming streetscape and rhythmic façade that addresses the character of the surrounding single-family homes and residential apartments.
The project offers indoor and outdoor amenities including a community multipurpose room and kitchen, fitness room, sitting areas, garden plots, and management office space. Sitting areas are located at the corner of the site, providing opportunities for residents to connect with the community.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan