Renaissance Senior Living (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
The Senior Living facility is Phase I of The Renaissance, the Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. Designed as an affordable independent living facility for seniors, it encompasses a resort-like experience for the residents providing a partially enclosed courtyard with a community garden, gazebo and covered patio seating. The four-story building consists of 110 single-bedroom units, a 4,000 sf amenities clubhouse and a leasing/management office.
Adjacent to the courtyard is a community room tailored with coffered ceilings and a working fireplace that creates a lodge-like ambiance. The building’s 4-story presence along the main street helps to define the urban design of the neighborhood.
The Renaissance is anticipated to become one of the first of Charlotte area developments to achieve LEED for Neighborhood Development certification with the Senior Living facility being EarthCraft certified. Neighboring Concepts is the green development consultant of all design work and is managing the various green certification efforts of the development.
Architecture designed in association with Cari Jones Architecture.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation CATS Lynx System Update
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan