Stratford Richardson YMCA
Neighboring Concepts provided programming, architectural and interior design and construction administration services for the Stratford Richardson YMCA. This celebrated branch, the first built in West Charlotte in more than 30 years, now sits on 20 acres of land in the heart of Charlotte’s West Boulevard Corridor.
The new YMCA brings welcomed motion, life and energy to the surrounding neighborhood and provides a true “center” for community activity.
• An indoor basketball court,
• An indoor pool with lap lanes for avid swimmers,
• A suspended walking track,
• A fitness center,
• Multipurpose rooms available for community meetings,
• A chapel for reflection and meditation and
• A health room that is staffed daily with registered nurses.
The Stratford Richardson YMCA branch is the only 1 of 4 Charlotte Center City YMCAs to offer extended programs that target families and senior citizens, a full service licensed child care facility and an after school program for 100 children among them. In addition, the NFL’s Charlotte Panthers partnered in to build an outdoor multipurpose field used for youth fall football and soccer programs. A generous contribution from the Charlotte Bobcats made the YMCA’s indoor basketball court a possibility. When kids play sports, they develop skills beyond the court. Through healthy competition kids can discover their personal best, have fun and be part of a team.
The diversity of population and programs at the Stratford Richardson YMCA make it a strong catalyst for the development and resurgence of its adjacent residential neighborhoods.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan