Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center is part of Phase II of The Renaissance, Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. The building is sited on axis with the main entrance of the neighborhood and is located centrally to make all amenities easily accessible to the new residents. The facility houses a leasing/management office, a large multi-purpose room and an educational center including administrative offices and a computer classroom. Additionally, the clubhouse consists of a community room, a cafe, a fitness center, a computer lab, and a laundry facility. The unique program of the building serves the redevelopment’s mission as an Educational Village.
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center achieved LEED® certification and serves as the development’s flagship LEED® building. It’s sustainable design features are evident through the predominant east-west orientation, the use of large overhangs, shading devices and glazing to lower electricity costs and the use of local materials.
- education CPCC Cato Campus Phase II Addition + Renovation
- education GTCC Transportation + Welding Building
- education J. Knuckles Science Annex Building Addition + Renovation at Fayetteville State University
- commercial education JCSU Campus Bookstore
- education JCSU Visual & Performing Arts Center
- education Mosaic Village
- education NCCU Latham Bookstore