CATS BLE Sugar Creek Parking Garage
The Sugar Creek Parking Garage is part of the CATS LYNX Blue Light Extension project located along Raleigh Street at the North End of Charlotte’s historic NoDa neighborhood. The 630-car parking structure will serve commuters for the adjacent light rail line. Standing four stories high, the brick-clad structure will feature 6,000 square feet of street-level office space and incorporate an effective wayfinding signage system. There are pedestrian linkages on the first floor from the adjacent Light Rail Station and the surrounding neighborhoods, connecting users through the building.
Constructed with pre-cast concrete, the parking deck features elements such as brick and glass accents and a light-filled curtain wall on the stair-towers. Perforated metal panels designed with various opening densities provide a rhythmic break resulting in a harmonious structure.
ENR Southeast’s 2018 Best Projects – Transit Award of Merit
- education CPCC Cato Campus Phase II Addition + Renovation
- education GTCC Transportation + Welding Building
- education J. Knuckles Science Annex Building Addition + Renovation at Fayetteville State University
- commercial education JCSU Campus Bookstore
- education JCSU Visual & Performing Arts Center
- education Mosaic Village
- education NCCU Latham Bookstore