CPCC Student Deck III
The Central Piedmont Community College Student Parking Deck III is an 8-tier, 1,002 car, mixed-use parking deck on the edge of CPCC’s Central Campus in Charlotte, NC. The parking deck serves both the private entity of CPCC, and the public entity of Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation to park visitors at the adjacent Historic American Legion Memorial Stadium.
The architecture of CPCC Student Deck III enhances the urban fabric of the area and complements the college’s existing architectural style. The design of the building focuses on the pedestrian experience of the users, while providing the most efficient parking configuration and fluid vehicular circulation. A number of sustainable strategies were integrated into the design, including provisions for a LEED® certifiable office space, induction lighting and a living green wall that is mounted to the ramp portion of the deck and borders the adjacent greenway.
Designed in association with ADW Architects.
2012 IPI Award of Merit
2012 Carolinas Parking Association Parking Awards Competition – New Parking Structure
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Brace YMCA Renovation
- community Carolina Raptor Center Raptor Trail
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Eastway Regional Recreation Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- commercial community Novant Michael Jordan Family Medical Clinics
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church
- community West Charlotte Recreation Center