Located adjacent to the Student Union, the Union Deck accommodates more than 1,000 cars and serves students, faculty and visitors. Seizing the opportunity to use nature’s offerings to transform a traditionally dark space, the design team introduced an internal light well that allows natural light and ventilation to flow throughout the parking deck. The well also provides a clear pedestrian link to the primary vertical core of the building. The skin of the building, clad in brick and precast, remains consistent with the character of the surrounding buildings on the UNC-Charlotte Campus.
Designed in association with ADW Architects.
- education CPCC Cato Campus Phase II Addition + Renovation
- education GTCC Transportation + Welding Building
- education J. Knuckles Science Annex Building Addition + Renovation at Fayetteville State University
- commercial education JCSU Campus Bookstore
- education JCSU Visual & Performing Arts Center
- education Mosaic Village
- education NCCU Latham Bookstore