About the Role
Our office policy allows for flexibility to work remotely and strongly encourages employees to be in the office a minimum of 2 days per week. In the role of Transit Architect, we’ll count on you to:
• Work collaboratively with the design team and clients on a wide range of transit projects across multiple phases including rail planning, preliminary design, final design and construction.
• Collaborate with clients, engineering consultants and artists to develop and deliver high quality, sustainable design solutions.
• Develop design solutions utilizing Autodesk Revit Software
• Coordinate a variety of file types utilized by third parties, including Microstation
• Project planning, develop fee proposals, and task delegation
• Mentorship of younger staff and training the next generation of project architects/managers
• Cultivate and maintain client and consultant relationships
• Participate in quality control procedures for construction documents, including specifications
• Pay thorough attention to detail
• Work within budget constraints
• Be a creative problem-solver
• Interest in working across project sectors
Degree in architecture, or another related field.
NCARB certification, LEED AP, and/or WELL AP preferred, but not required
Proficiency utilizing Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe CS software suites
Working experience with Rhino, SketchUp and Lumion software
Working experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Organizational and time-management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
Ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions, (i.e. does not need to be micro-managed to complete tasks)
Prior transit experience preferred
Not afraid to ask questions and a good team attitude
Creativity and problem solving, patience and resiliency
Strong communication and organization skills
About the Company
Neighboring Concepts is a unique multidisciplinary design firm located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a mission to Transform Communities through Architecture. We deliver elegant, sustainable solutions to valued clients across the southeastern United States. We are improving overall experiences and quality of life through smart design and responsible planning. We pride ourselves on our team’s ability to unify public and private stakeholders toward innovative design solutions.
Neighboring Concepts is MBE/DBE/HUB certified.
Paid Time Off
Generous PTO and Flexible Holiday Schedule
Health, Dental, Vision
Professional Organization Membership Reimbursement
Paid time off for Community Service and Professional Development
401(k) and ROTH with Company Match
Professional Certification Reimbursement
Flexible Work Schedules
Paid Life Insurance benefits
Supplemental Life Insurance
First exam covered whether you pass or fail